Thursday, October 22, 2009

fun lunch

Today I'm using this blog for probably more like a journal but I wanted to write my thoughts down somewhere right now. My friend Jen called this morning to say that our friend Wendy was going to be in Ogden today and wanted to all meet up for lunch. Matt was able to come home for lunch and watch the kids before his afternoon appts. It was fun to visit and even though we sometimes go months without talking when we get together we pick up where we left off and it's just like old times. My best friend Nat gave us all exciting news that SHE IS PREGNANT!!!! She has one son but has been trying for years to get pregnant again. My heart is so full for her right now and I'm just so happy for her. She is just glowing right now with excitement. It was literally tears of joy when she told us. I truly believe their was a reason Wendy came into town today because my friend Jen is going through some things I couldn't even imagine going through right now and she said it was really good to talk to us about everything. I'm thankful for these friendships I've had over the years with these girls. I know we all have trials and sometimes just crappy days or we think Why me??? but I know that the Lord puts friends and family in our path to help lift us and help us through trials that we have.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for lunches with wonderful friends!! :-) My three best friends and I are like that too! We can go forever without seeing each other and then when we get together it's like no time passed at all. :-) I'm glad you had so much fun and YAY for your friend on her pregnancy! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Nat! That made ME teary, i'm so happy for her.

    I'm glad you got to have a good lunch with friends...didn't you get to go to lunch yesterday too? I wanna go to lunch!

    ReplyDelete